Get to know us better
CodiLime is a software and network engineering industry expert and the first-choice service partner for top global networking hardware providers, software providers and telecoms. We create proofs-of-concept, help our clients build new products, nurture existing ones and provide services in production environments. Our clients include both tech startups and big players in various industries and geographic locations (US, Japan, Israel, Europe).
While no longer a startup - we have 200+ people on board and have been operating since 2011 we’ve kept our people-oriented culture. Our values are simple:
- Act to deliver
- Disrupt to grow.
- Team up to win.
The project and the team
We enable hardware offloading for SDN and 5G solutions using smart NIC devices produced by major hardware manufacturers. Leveraging the latest hardware and software technologies allows us to get the best performance possible. We utilize both open source and proprietary components. To maintain the highest quality we set up and constantly improve CI/CD infrastructure and make sure that 100% of our tests are automated and executed on a daily basis.
As the market grows we need to onboard more highly qualified managers to help our teams achieve their goals. You will start with a small project and be able to help expand its scope and grow your project team.
Other things you should know:
- We do projects not body leasing
- We want to keep our project teams no bigger than 15 people including an architect, developers, QA automation and DevOps engineers
- We usually use Kanban/Agile methodology for our project but you are free to manage it your way
- Our current tech stack for the project includes: C, DPDK, Python, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Proxmox.
As a part of the project team, you will be responsible for:
- Discussing technical and business requirements with clients
- Facilitating or taking active part (depending on your technical skills and preference) in architectural discussions
- Participate in decision making together with clients and technical leaders
- Identifying new business opportunities with your existing clients or currently used technology
- Building and managing a portfolio of similar low-level projects
- Making sure the team has all the things they need to deliver their work in an efficient manner
- Building the team and shaping it according to your style of work and project needs
- Monitoring project progress, identifying and managing project risks and issues
Do we have a match?
As an Engineering Manager you must meet the following criteria:
- Experience in working with low level programming languages (preferably C, C++) and Linux
- Good knowledge and understanding of computer networking
- Hands-on experience as a developer (we do not need you to code but understanding the things you manage is important)
- Excellent English (C1 level or above)
- Experience as a Team Lead, Engineering Manager, Technical Manager or similar roles
Beyond the criteria above, we would appreciate:
- Experience in managing low-level projects (embedded systems, Linux kernel, networking)
- Experience in network protocols programming (TCP/IP, MPLS, VxLAN, …)
- Knowledge of modern virtualization technologies (virtual machines, dockers, orchestration, etc.)
More reasons to join us
- Flexible working hours and approach to work: fully remotely, in the office or hybrid
- Professional growth supported by internal training sessions and a training budget
- Solid onboarding with a hands-on approach to give you an easy start
- A great atmosphere among professionals who are passionate about their work
- The ability to change the project you work on