Get to know us better
CodiLime is a software and network engineering industry expert and the first-choice service partner for top global networking hardware providers, software providers and telecoms. We create proofs-of-concept, help our clients build new products, nurture existing ones and provide services in production environments. Our clients include both tech startups and big players in various industries and geographic locations (US, Japan, Israel, Europe).
While no longer a startup - we have 200+ people on board and have been operating since 2011 we’ve kept our people-oriented culture. Our values are simple:
Act to deliver
Disrupt to grow.
Team up to win.
The project and the team
You may be handling two kinds of projects - depending on need and your personal preferences.
The first one involves heading up the discovery and ideation phase to create complex products that solve business problems. After a successful initialization phase, you will become the Agile project and people manager on long- term projects, leading a team of software engineers engaged in those initiatives. There is already one such project up and running, the team is established and performing well.
The other project involves building a new product for modern cloud applications based on observability and AI concepts (details are protected by an NDA). You will work closely with co-founders and manage teams of dedicated UX designers, experienced Backend, Frontend and DevOps engineers. Additionally as part of the leadership team you will have influence on the product’s foundation and features.
The customers are successful Silicon Valley / Western Europe startups and corporations.
We work on multiple interesting projects at the time, so it may happen that we’ll invite you to the interview for another project, if we see that your competencies and profile are well suited for it.
As a part of the project team, you will be responsible for:
- Organizing the work of a team to solve any engineering issues that comes up in a project
- Managing and taking part in the gathering of technical and business requirements for projects
- Facilitating or taking active part (depending on technical skills and preference) in architectural discussions
- Making sure the team has all the things they need to deliver their work in an efficient manner
- Shaping the team according to your style of work and project needs
- Monitoring project progress, identifying and managing project risks and issues
- Hiring and building teams
- Determining the need for training and talent development
- Improving the quality and efficiency of the team’s work (one-on-ones, evaluation, motivation, etc)
- Building and managing a portfolio of similar projects or products
- Supporting the Sales/ BizDev department
Do we have a match?
As an Engineering Manager you must meet the following criteria:
- Experience and deep knowledge of working in Agile projects, with fixed price and time & material approaches
- Good knowledge of project management tools (JIRA, Confluence, Notion, Azure DevOps, MS Project, etc).
- Good knowledge of programming or computer networks or cloud infrastructure
- Hands-on experience (4-5 years) as a developer, computer networks, or DevOps Automation / DevOps Clouds engineer (we do not need you to code but understanding the things you manage is important)
- Knowledge of Linux
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal (C1 level minimum)
- Experience as an Engineering Manager, Technical Manager, Delivery Manager, or similar roles for at least 2-3 years
- Good negotiation skills
More reasons to join us
- Flexible working hours and approach to work: fully remotely, in the office or hybrid
- Professional growth supported by internal training sessions and a training budget
- Solid onboarding with a hands-on approach to give you an easy start
- A great atmosphere among professionals who are passionate about their work
- The ability to change the project you work on