Get to know us better
CodiLime is a software and network engineering industry expert and the first-choice service partner for top global networking hardware providers, software providers and telecoms. We create proofs-of-concept, help our clients build new products, nurture existing ones and provide services in production environments. Our clients include both tech startups and big players in various industries and geographic locations (US, Japan, Israel, Europe).
While no longer a startup - we have 350+ people on board and have been operating since 2011 we’ve kept our people-oriented culture. Our values are simple:
- Act to deliver
- Disrupt to grow.
- Team up to win.
The project and the team
As a data architect, you would be involved in various initiatives with a number of CodiLime customers including:
- a major consulting company, building a SaaS platform to support the M&A (Merger and Acquisition) process by generating reports on companies and their competitors. These would include but are not limited to company overviews, employee sentiment, customer reviews on products, and custom surveys
- a Stealth Startup, SaaS platform for creating/managing MLOps pipelines used for validating given hypotheses and steering base application flows in a feedback loop
- a startup focused on democratizing 5G connectivity through open-source; recently and (late 2021) in collaboration with another startup they have started offering building blocks for creating a blockchain-based 5G infrastructure to anyone interested
What else you should know:
- The project teams usually consist of less than 15 people including an architect, project manager, data engineers, and multi-tech and multi-language software engineers, QAs
- We use SCRUM/Agile methodology.
- Our tech stack for the projects include AWS/GCP infra, Kafka/SQS, relational and non-relational databases, application logic written in Python/Java/GoLang (application logic), and Python/Java (data pipelines and transformations).
- The clients are based in Europe and the US.
As a part of the project team, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, building and delivering cloud computing solutions, hosted services, and underlying software infrastructure
- Owning the design of the landscape for relational and non-relational databases
- Implementing solutions suitable for either OLTP or OLAP approaches
- Designing data storage / processing at scale
- Investigating possible bottlenecks and improving overall database performance
- Developing and improving data pipelines and data lake environments
- Owning the data design discussions
- Validating the solution with the client (demo)
- Working in agile methodology and collaborating with a team
Do we have a match?
As a Data Architect you must meet the following criteria:
- At least 7 years of experience in the IT industry (in a technical position in a given area)
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in an Architect position in IT (Solution Architect, Domain Architect, Software Architect, etc.) or participating in at least 3 different IT projects in thea role of Architect in IT project (e.g. TechLead, LeadDeveloper)
- Excellent understanding of database design concepts and approaches
- Hands-on experience with multiple relational, non-relational and data warehousing solutions
- Commercial experience with Hadoop, Spark, Kafka/SQS/RabbitMQ, Snowflake/RedShift, as well as Serverless Glue, Lambda, Athena
- Knowledge of Python/Java/Scala
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools and processes
- Knowledge of AWS/GCP
- Basic understanding of virtualization and containerization technologies with emphasis on Kubernetes, Docker
- Knowledge of Git
- Knowledge of Linux
- Great communication skills, English (C1 level), ability to confront technical solutions with the team and the customer’s technical representatives to validate the solution with the client
More reasons to join us
- Flexible working hours and approach to work: fully remotely, in the office or hybrid
- Professional growth supported by internal training sessions and a training budget
- Solid onboarding with a hands-on approach to give you an easy start
- A great atmosphere among professionals who are passionate about their work
- The ability to change the project you work on