Get to know us better
CodiLime is a software and network engineering industry expert and the first-choice service partner for top global networking hardware providers, software providers and telecoms. We create proofs-of-concept, help our clients build new products, nurture existing ones and provide services in production environments. Our clients include both tech startups and big players in various industries and geographic locations (US, Japan, Israel, Europe).
While no longer a startup - we have 350+ people on board and have been operating since 2011 we’ve kept our people-oriented culture. Our values are simple:
Act to deliver
Disrupt to grow.
Team up to win.
The project and the team
As the market grows we need to onboard more highly qualified managers to help our teams achieve their goals. We work on multiple interesting projects at the time, so the project details can vary based on your competencies, profile and current needs. Examples of projects:
- We enable hardware offloading for SDN and 5G solutions using smart NIC devices produced by major hardware manufacturers. Leveraging the latest hardware and software technologies allows us to get the best performance possible.
- Project involves building a new product for modern cloud applications based on observability and AI concepts (details are protected by an NDA). You will work closely with co-founders and manage teams of dedicated UX designers, experienced Backend, Frontend and DevOps engineers.
We want to keep our project teams no bigger than 15 people including an architect, developers, QA automation and DevOps engineers
We usually use Kanban/Agile methodology for our project but you are free to manage it your way
The customers are successful Silicon Valley / Western Europe startups and corporations.
As a part of the project team, you will be responsible for:
- Organizing the work of a team to solve any engineering issues that comes up in a project
- Managing and taking part in the gathering of technical and business requirements for projects
- Facilitating or taking active part (depending on technical skills and preference) in architectural discussions
- Making sure the team has all the things they need to deliver their work in an efficient manner
- Shaping the team according to your style of work and project needs
- Monitoring project progress, identifying and managing project risks and issues
- Hiring and building teams
- Determining the need for training and talent development
- Improving the quality and efficiency of the team’s work (one-on-ones, evaluation, motivation, etc)
- Building and managing a portfolio of similar projects or products
- Supporting the Sales/ BizDev department
Do we have a match?
As an Engineering Manager you must meet the following criteria:
- Experience and deep knowledge of working in Agile projects, with fixed price and time & material approaches
- Good knowledge of project management tools (JIRA, Confluence, Notion, Azure DevOps, MS Project, etc).
- Good knowledge of programming or computer networks or cloud infrastructure
- Hands-on experience (4-5 years) as a developer, computer networks, or DevOps Automation / DevOps Clouds engineer (we do not need you to code but understanding the things you manage is important)
- Knowledge of Linux
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal (C1 level minimum)
- Experience as an Engineering Manager, Technical Manager, Delivery Manager, or similar roles for at least 2-3 years
- Good negotiation skills
More reasons to join us
- Flexible working hours and approach to work: fully remotely, in the office or hybrid
- Professional growth supported by internal training sessions and a training budget
- Solid onboarding with a hands-on approach to give you an easy start
- A great atmosphere among professionals who are passionate about their work
- The ability to change the project you work on