Get to know us better
CodiLime is a software and network engineering industry expert and the first-choice service partner for top global networking hardware providers, software providers and telecoms. We create proofs-of-concept, help our clients build new products, nurture existing ones and provide services in production environments. Our clients include both tech startups and big players in various industries and geographic locations (US, Japan, Israel, Europe).
While no longer a startup - we have 300+ people on board and have been operating since 2011 we’ve kept our people-oriented culture. Our values are simple:
Act to deliver
Disrupt to grow.
Team up to win.
The project and the team
The product goal is to simplify the work of Cybersecurity Analysts, Network Engineers and Users who take care of company data protection. The project is a fresh SaaS application to trigger, show and manage unexpected incidents. The application has design following the newest trends and products itself has big potential to revolutionize the cybersecurity area. CodiLime started its commitment to the project in November 2021. The backend was conducted by the client team and development started more or less 1 year ago.
The project is part of the client’s company business, so you will be able to touch money-spinning product, which is a complex solution. First external users will get access to the application in September 2022. Our part of work is to provide well-developed solutions in every aspect of the development - architecture, features, tests, releases, maintenance and documentation.
What else you should know:
- The backend team consists of 6 people
- The frontend team consists of 7 people, including Project Manager
- The designs are provided in Figma by CodiLime UX Designer
- We are looking for a very experienced person with strong Node.js knowledge to join the backend team and even take some leadership in preparing the architecture of the solution. Sometimes, your competencies could be used also in the Frontend side
- The code and product is still developed, so you will join the team who already has hands-on knowledge and knows clients’ needs. Some parts of the code needs to be refactored step-by-step but generally code is tested and the team takes care of good code quality
- What is the biggest challenge - work with all stakeholders - 2 Product Owners and potential clients’ feedback to deliver tailored features. The work environment is open for suggestions and actively listens to every team member. So, your opinion really matters
- Your project manager will help you to build the transparency between developers and stakeholders and to write down plans with estimations. Also, there will be a common meeting to discuss API design to satisfy the Frontend team and prepare the product for potential scalability
- The client is based in the US and Sweden, so do not worry about late working hours. Meetings are conducted in Central European Summer Time (GMT+2). By this time, only the PM had meetings in late hours. The Development Team did not need to join them.
We work on multiple interesting projects at the time, so it may happen that we’ll invite you to the interview for another project, if we see that your competencies and profile are well suited for it.
As a part of the project team, you will be responsible for:
- Features development in Node.js
- Preparing API in GraphQL
- Preparing data models to properly maintain the Database
- Building and maintaining CI/CD pipeline related to development and production Azure environments
- Sometimes if needed - development in React
- Maintaining the quality of application
- Writing unit tests
- Communicating with the developers and cooperating with them
- Being proactive and motivated to deliver :)
Do we have a match?
As a Backend Engineer you must meet the following criteria:
- Strong experience with Node.js (and minimum one framework, e.g. Express or Nest)
- Good knowledge of GraphQL and Apollo Server
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, CosmosDB)
- Knowledge of React or Angular
- Experience with Serverless approach
- Good knowledge of at least one unit test tool (ie. Jest, Enzyme)
- Experience with GitHub Actions
- Experience with designing and documenting REST API
- At least a basic knowledge of Linux
- Good knowledge of English (B2+ level)
Beyond the criteria above, we would appreciate the nice-to-haves:
- Experience with Azure Cosmos DB
- Experience with Azure Blob Storage
- Experience with Azure Data Explorer (ADX)
- Knowledge of one-way data flow architectures (Flux, Redux etc.)
More reasons to join us
- Flexible working hours and approach to work: fully remotely, in the office or hybrid
- Professional growth supported by internal training sessions and a training budget
- Solid onboarding with a hands-on approach to give you an easy start
- A great atmosphere among professionals who are passionate about their work
- The ability to change the project you work on