Get to know us better
CodiLime is a software and network engineering industry expert and the first-choice service partner for top global networking hardware providers, software providers and telecoms. We create proofs-of-concept, help our clients build new products, nurture existing ones and provide services in production environments. Our clients include both tech startups and big players in various industries and geographic locations (US, Japan, Israel, Europe).
While no longer a startup - we have 350+ people on board and have been operating since 2011 we’ve kept our people-oriented culture. Our values are simple:
- Act to deliver
- Disrupt to grow.
- Team up to win.
The project and the team
Our client is a networking company, building an ETL solution to gather and expose telemetry data through API. The platform is being vastly extended and integrated with the customer’s other subsystems.
What else you should know:
- The team consists of less than 10 people including an architect, engineering manager, software/data engineers familiar with numerous APIs, data structuring and processing techniques, presenting output in multiple ways depending on the business needs
- We use the Agile approach
- Our tech stack for the project includes: core of the system - GCP (BigQuery, Cloud Functions, CloudRun, Scheduler, API Gateway), systems integrated with the core - AWS, Azure, other relational and non-relational databases, data repositories and custom API’s.
- The client is based in the US
We work on multiple interesting projects at a time, so we may invite you to an interview for another project, if we see that your competencies and profile are well suited for it.
As a part of the project team, you will be responsible for:
- Working according to Agile methodology, closely collaborating with the client’s teams and product owner
- Designing and documenting an ETL system’s architecture in a cloud (GCP) environment
- Taking part in technical design discussions
- Validating the solution with the client (demo)
- Investigating possible bottlenecks and improving overall ETL performance
- Optionally, implementing features (Python), utilizing GCP services (BigQuery, Cloud Functions, CloudRun, Scheduler, API Gateway)
Do we have a match?
As a Senior Engineer you must meet the following criteria:
- Hands-on experience with GCP's BigQuery, Cloud Functions, CloudRun, Scheduler, API Gateway (or other substitutes like AWS Redshift and Lambda)
- Very good understanding of database design concepts and approaches
- Experience in writing technical documentation (HLD, LLD)
- Experience with solution architecture (Open Architecture, C4 modeling)
- Experience with data stream processing
- Excellent communication skills, English (C1 level - fluent, communicative and technical), ability to confront technical solutions with the team and the customer’s technical representatives to validate the solution with the client
Beyond the criteria above, we would appreciate the nice-to-haves:
- Expertise in telemetry domain
- Knowledge of networks, network security and network platforms
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of query languages (BigQuery/SQL/…)
- Experience with CI/CD tools and processes
- Basic understanding of virtualization technologies with emphasis on Kubernetes, Docker would be a plus
- Experience with non-relational databases
More reasons to join us
- Flexible working hours and approach to work: fully remotely, in the office or hybrid
- Professional growth supported by internal training sessions and a training budget
- Solid onboarding with a hands-on approach to give you an easy start
- A great atmosphere among professionals who are passionate about their work
- The ability to change the project you work on