Get to know us better
CodiLime is a software and network engineering industry expert and the first-choice service partner for top global networking hardware providers, software providers and telecoms. We create proofs-of-concept, help our clients build new products, nurture existing ones and provide services in production environments. Our clients include both tech startups and big players in various industries and geographic locations (US, Japan, Israel, Europe).
While no longer a startup - we have 350+ people on board and have been operating since 2011 we’ve kept our people-oriented culture. Our values are simple:
- Act to deliver
- Disrupt to grow.
- Team up to win.
The project and the team
We are working on ensuring the quality of an SD-WAN product, using cutting-edge technologies in the world of modern SDNs. Multiple QA teams are working as an augmentation to the customer’s teams, focusing on particular SD-WAN areas. Daily duties include (but are not limited to) end user scenario automation, integration / regression tests and optimization of the existing test suites. You would have the opportunity to exchange knowledge with more than 50 engineers who are divided into multiple teams (2-6 sized).
What else you should know:
- You would be part of one of multiple Test Automation teams working on a particular area of the SD-WAN product.
- We focus on quality of delivery, therefore we have a strong position to analyze and improve existing solutions, propose new approaches and optimize processes.
- You will have the opportunity to try multiple technologies involving the following to core activities:
- Unit / functional / regression testing
- Performance testing (load time, resource times, system load)
- REST API / CLI test automation
- UI testing
- We use the Kanban / Scrum approach.
- The client is based in the US (sync calls are expected once or twice a week).
As a part of the project team, you will be responsible for:
- Test suites maintenance
- Test automation in Python
- Performance monitoring (feature trends, performance alerts)
- Improving the source code quality and bug fixing
- Delivering changes in small increments
- Validating the solution with the client
Do we have a match?
As a Junior Network Engineer you should meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of computer networks and network protocols
- Understanding of the test process and its role in the software development life cycle
- Good knowledge Python
- Experience with Version Control Systems (preferably Git)
- At least a basic knowledge of Linux and Bash scripting
- Understanding of the Scrum method
- Good communication skills (English - B2 level)
Beyond the criteria above, we would appreciate the nice-to-haves:
- Experience with unit / functional / regression testing
- Experience with CI / CD tools and processes
- Ability to collaborate in distributed teams
More reasons to join us
- Flexible working hours and approach to work: fully remotely, in the office or hybrid
- Professional growth supported by internal training sessions and a training budget
- Solid onboarding with a hands-on approach to give you an easy start
- A great atmosphere among professionals who are passionate about their work
- The ability to change the project you work on