Get to know us better
CodiLime is a software and network engineering industry expert and the first-choice service partner for top global networking hardware providers, software providers and telecoms. We create proofs-of-concept, help our clients build new products, nurture existing ones and provide services in production environments. Our clients include both tech startups and big players in various industries and geographic locations (US, Japan, Israel, Europe).
While no longer a startup - we have 300+ people on board and have been operating since 2011 we’ve kept our people-oriented culture. Our values are simple:
Act to deliver.
Disrupt to grow.
Team up to win.
The project and the team
As our business grows, we want to onboard more of qualified managers to lead our teams in delivering solutions to our customers. You will be working on a challenging project developing a test framework in a networking domain. The Customer is one of the biggest vendors of network products in the world including SD-WAN technology. This role will give you plenty of opportunities to gain hands-on experience with the newest technologies and expand your knowledge in the field of networking. You should have both theoretical and practical knowledge of the latest tools and market trends in test automation, product development, and system deployments to be successful in this role. Still, you also need to have experience in people management. Things to know about the project :
- We keep our project teams no bigger than 12 people, including software, QA automation, network and DevOps engineers
- We use Agile methodology whenever applicable
- We work hybrid or fully remote during standard hours. Yet, calls with the Customer in the evening hours (6 pm - 8 pm) will take place. You will agree with the customer about their frequency
- The customer is a successful international company with headquarters in Silicon Valley
Please note that we work on multiple interesting projects at a time, so we may invite you to an interview for a different project if we see that your competencies and profile are well suited for it.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager to lead our projects within the Computer Networks area. You need to have a technical background and understand the domain, but we do not expect you to code. As a part of the project team, you will be responsible for:
- Discussing high and low level technical, and business requirements with clients
- Facilitating or taking an active part (depending on your technical skills and preference) in architectural discussions
- Making sure the team has all the things they need, to deliver their work in an efficient manner
- Shaping the team according to your style of work, project needs and company culture
- Monitoring project progress, identifying and managing project risks
- Making proper decisions together with client and technical leaders, who report to you
- Participating in company processes: hiring, onboarding, evaluating etc.
- Visiting the Customer a maximum of a few times a year
Do we have a match?
As an Engineering Manager you must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an Engineering Manager, Technical Manager or similar roles, preferably within the Computer Networks domain
- Hands-on experience in a technical field (we do not need you to code, but understanding the things you manage is important)
- Experience and understanding of IT infrastructure, Linux Operating System
- Familiarity with computer networks concepts
- Familiarity with automation tooling and frameworks (QA, Deployments)
- Experience in managing teams and individuals: guiding career paths, performance evaluation, solving conflicts, facilitating meetings
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal (C1 level minimum)
- Good negotiations skills
- Experience working in Agile environments and projects
- Experience in fixed price and time & material projects
Beyond the criteria above, we would appreciate:
- Experience working in an outsourcing company
- Proven familiarity with at least one of the following methodologies: PMI, SAFe, Scrum, Prince2
More reasons to join us
- Flexible working hours and approach to work: fully remotely, in the office or hybrid
- Professional growth supported by internal training sessions and a training budget
- Solid onboarding with a hands-on approach to give you an easy start
- A great atmosphere among professionals who are passionate about their work
- The ability to change the project you work on